Become an ICM Trustee
Are you passionate about challenging inequality and using learning and creativity to empower people? To grow our charity, we need authentic, skilled and committed individuals to join our Board. We are currently looking for general Trustees as well as a Chair of Trustees.
Who are we?
Ipswich Community Media (ICM) is a rapidly growing grassroots charity working based in the Westgate Ward in Ipswich, one of the most deprived wards in the country and the most diverse ward in Suffolk. Launched in 2015 by a group of people with a shared vision to serve the local community, we run free weekly sessions in music, media, creative arts and language learning.
Through innovative and engaging methods, we are able to boost self-esteem, interpersonal, social skills, group working and provide pathways to employment and volunteer opportunities.
Our mission is to challenge inequality by empowering people to transform their lives through learning and creativity.
What we do:
We provide the following free sessions every week to our local community:
- English as a second language (ESOL) to over 130 learners from over 21 different nationalities
- Music and media sessions to young people who face exclusion from school and struggle in regular educational settings. As well as young people who are at risk or already in the criminal justice system
- One-to-one tuition to young people with learning disabilities in radio production
- The opportunity for young people to explore and develop skills in music production, radio and performance
- Sessions in music and creativity for children in one of the most deprived and diverse wards in Suffolk
- Volunteering opportunities through our projects and local events and partnerships
Chair of Trustees Role:Chair-of-ICM-Trustees-advert-Final
How to apply:
- If you are interested in the role of Chair please get in touch with us via email@example.com
- Candidates will be asked to submit a CV and personal statement demonstrating their suitability for the role
If you have any questions about the role or would like an informal chat about our work, please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org we’d be pleased to hear from you.